Hi friends! Do you remember me? I promise I didn't forget you!
Time has FLOWN by! I didn't realize that it had been so long since my last post, until my husband looked at me the other day and say "Uh, you know your last post was December 21st, right?" and then kind of walked away. Haha, oops! If he has noticed, then you know it has been awhile!
Life with a little one has been absolutely amazing! And so interesting: who know you could get so little done in a day and yet feel like it was so busy? I am loving it though, our little Lillian has made us happier than we could ever imagine.
With our baby girl keeping us so busy, quick and easy meals have become our favourite thing. This Pesto Chicken is originally from skinnytaste.com, and I modified it based on what I found in my fridge the other day. The result? A ridiculously easy and tasty dinner! The fact that it is on the light side is perfect for the baby weight recovery as well.
So give this a shot! It is so full of flavour you won't believe it was so easy to make :)
Cheesy Pesto Chicken with Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 4 tsp basil pesto
- 6 tbsp shredded cheese
- 1 jar whole roasted red peppers in water
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice the chicken breasts in half to make 4 thin chicken cutlets and season them with the salt and pepper
- Remove four pieces of roasted red peppers from the jar and lightly pat with a paper towel to remove the excess water
- Place the chicken cutlets on the prepared baking sheet, and spread each with 1 tsp of pesto
- Bake for 15 minutes (or until cooked through)
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top each piece of chicken with a piece of roasted red pepper, and then top with the cheese
- Return the chicken to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted