One of my favourite quick snacks to whip up is still hummus. It is tasty, easy, and good for you too! It is also super versatile. You can serve it with nacho chips, crackers, vegetables, as a spread on pizzas, and who knows what else!
I had a jar of roasted red peppers in my refrigerator so I decided to throw some into my hummus and it turned out delicious! Feel free to play with the recipe, you can add all sorts of spices and other vegetables to change up the taste.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 large (or 2 small) cloves of garlic
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 - 4 tbsp olive oil
- In your food processor add the garlic, chickpeas, tahini, and lemon juice
- Pulse the mixture until it is coarsely chopped
- Add the roasted red peppers and some salt and pepper, and then pulse again until mixed
- Give it a taste, and add more salt and/or pepper if you like
- Drizzle in the olive oil between pulses until the desired consistency is reached
- Serve with crackers, vegetables, or whatever you happen to have on hand