OK! Time to get back on track! This whole posting around once a week thing doesn't sit to well with me, but I currently have no-one to blame but myself :) So no excuses, right? It is true that after we got over out jet-lag (AKA completely useless for a week around the house) spring cleaning kicked in so that is a bonus, but I haven't shared some delicious desserts and meals that are piling up in my iPhoto, and that's no fun. What good is tasty food if you can't share it with anyone?
So I'll start off with something quick and tasty. Blueberry Granola Muffins! Yay muffins!
I used the tasty Lemon Blueberry Muffins as my starting point, and then added some granola for both flavour and texture. These were fantastic as a quick breakfast on the run to work, or to help break that afternoon snack attack.
This recipe makes 12 - 15 muffins
Blueberry Granola Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granola (I used a honey almond mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- an additional 1/2 cup granola, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a muffin pan with paper liners
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the granola
- In a second bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted margarine, and milk
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and then add the blueberries
- Mix until the batter is just moistened, and then distribute it amongst the prepared muffin cups
- Sprinkle the remaining granola over each muffin, pressing down lightly to ensure that the granola sticks to the batter
- Bake for 20 - 24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a muffin