This cake. Ohhh, this cake.
Please make this cake.
I don't know if it is the pregnant lady talking or not, but this cake is pure heaven! It is the perfect texture, and the pecans work so well with the banana flavour. This cake doesn't even need any extra adornments! I'm sure a chocolate or classic glaze poured over the top would be amazing, but maybe try this cake without those, just once. Just so you can appreciate how perfect it is!
This became our breakfast, snack, and dessert for the week! And it's already been requested that I make this again. As soon as those banana's on my counter are ready you can guarantee this will be baking up in my oven.
This recipe makes one bundt cake and was adapted from this recipe.
Banana Pecan Bundt Cake
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups mashed banana (I used 2 1/2 medium bananas)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F and generously grease and flour a bundt pan (or spray liberally with baking spray)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well
- Add the vanilla and mashed bananas and mix
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well
- Add the sour cream and again mix well
- Pour in the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is just coming together
- Fold in the chopped pecans until well distributed
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt (also called a fluted tube pan) and level the batter with the spatula
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted
- Let cool on a cookie or wire rack for 10 - 15 minutes, and then turn out of the pan to cool completely