Muffins! Who doesn't love a soft and tasty muffin for breakfast, or to kick that 'wall' we all hit at work in the middle of the afternoon?
You know what I realized? Butterscotch is delicious, and I do not think to use it in baking nearly enough. After throwing butterscotch chips in these muffins, both my husband and I were surprised by how much we really loved them! Lesson learned, our lives need more butterscotch.
These are super quick to whip up, and the recipe makes 1 dozen tasty muffins. I adapted this Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe which is from Company's Coming.
Butterscotch and Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners (or spray with baking spray) and preheat the oven to 375 F
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
- In a second bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until well combined
- Add the eggs to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well
- Add the sour cream and vanilla to the wet ingredients and again mix well
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients
- Add the chocolate and butterscotch chips and mix until there are no clumps of flour left
- Fill the muffin tin, and then bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted
- Let cool on a wire rack