In addition to the Tiffany & Co. cupcakes, I was also asked to make some muffins for the bridal shower as well. I whipped up some Lemon Blueberry Muffins, and these tasty Double Chocolate Chip Muffins.
I used both semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips for these muffins and I think that using the two different types of chocolate really made them delicious.
The recipe is adapted from the cookbook: Company's Coming Mostly Muffins. This recipe can be modified to add your favourite chocolate chips, berries, dry fruit, anything!
The recipe makes 2 dozen muffins.
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Line your muffin tins with paper liners (or grease well) and preheat the oven to 375 F
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a second bowl, cream together the butter and sugar
- Add the eggs (2 at a time) to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well
- Add the yogurt to the wet ingredients and again mix well (if using plain yogurt, add 2 tsp of vanilla at this point)
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients into the well
- Add the chocolate chips, and mix until the batter just starts to come together
- Fill the prepared muffin tins, and bake for 18 - 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a muffin
- Let cool before serving