Another dessert that I made in preparation for our new arrival were these ridiculously chocolatey and delicious cookies. These are absolutely perfect for when those chocolate cravings hit!
First milk chocolate is melted and mixed into the batter, and then you go and add even more milk chocolate chips, yum! These also have a fabulous texture, soft in the middle and a crispy/chewy edge.
Again I found these cookies in Martha Stewart's Cookies, but you can also find the original recipe on her site here. This batch makes 3 dozen large cookies, but you could easily double it if you have a crowd or want to stock up your freezer for the holidays.
Mmmm, these cookies are calling me from the freezer right now!
Milk Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz milk chocolate chips (divided in half)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place 4 oz of milk chocolate chips with the butter. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is completely melted and well mixed
- In a large bowl, add the chocolate-butter mixture, sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix well
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and again mix well
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chips, and drop the batter by the tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes,or until the cookies are flat and the surface has cracked
- Let cool completely on the cookie sheets before storing in an airtight container or freezing