Some of our favourite meals these days are ones that we can throw in the crock pot and forget about until dinner time. Lilly has amazing timing when it comes to dinner prep or time to eat, that is when she decides to eat as well! I guess she just wants to eat when everyone else does :)
At our house we love anything related to 'buffalo chicken' and these Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins from skinnytaste.com looked way to good to pass up!
These can be served as a main course alongside a salad, or you can put out a platter of them as appetizers or snacks for a group of friends.
We ate these two nights in a row they are so good! I will definitely be making these again very soon.
Original recipe from skinnytaste.com and this makes 8 potato skins.
Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 celery stalk, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cans chicken broth (approx 500 mL)
- 1/3 cup Franks cayenne pepper sauce
- shredded marble or cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- In a crock pot add the chicken breasts, celery, onion, garlic, and chicken broth and cook on Low for 6 hours (or High for 4 hours). If the chicken broth doesn't cover the chicken breasts you can add some water to cover them
- Remove chicken from the crock pot, and reserve only 1/2 cup of the liquid
- Shred the chicken, then return it with the 1/2 cup of reserved liquid to the crock pot. Add the 1/3 cup of hot sauce and cook on High for 30 minutes
- While the chicken cooks with the hot sauce, pierce the potatoes all over with a fork then microwave each potato for 5-7 minutes and set aside
- When chicken is ready, preheat the oven to 450 F. Cut each potato in half and remove the middles (keeping the walls about 1 - 2 cm thick)
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet covered in parchment and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove the potato skins from the oven and fill each with shredded chicken and top with shredded cheese
- Bake for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted