We had a bunch of friends over to celebrate New Years this past Friday and my fiance had requested that we serve 'those cucumber things with the dill stuff on top". Umm, what? I had no idea what he originally meant, but after some further explanation I had enough information and whipped these up!
These were so incredibly easy to make, and were really tasty. The combination of cream cheese, sour cream and dill also makes a great dip for veggies! This makes enough for about 2 dozen pieces.
Cucumbers with Dill Sauce
- 2/3 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 large, or 2 medium, seedless cucumbers
- extra dill for garnish
- Cut the cucumber into slices about 1 to 2 cm thick and lay all of the slices out on some paper towels
- Whip together the cream cheese, sour cream, and dill until well mixed
- Place the dip in a piping bag with a large star tip, or in a ziploc bag and cut off one corner of the ziploc bag
- Flip over the cucumber slices, and pipe (or spread if you wish) the dill dip onto each cucumber (it is easier to have the dip stick to the cucumber if some of the moisture is removed from the surface)
- Garnish with a small piece of dill to finish
Only one more week until the big day!