These milkshakes are the equivalent of shoving a summer night around the campfire with friends into a glass to be enjoyed anytime.
We found this recipe from Joy (of the insanely wonderful site: joythebaker.com) and we were hooked before we had even taken our first sip! These milkshakes are perfect in every way. They are fantastic for those rare warm summer nights or (more often) when you want to try and convince yourself it is still summer out there.
This recipe makes two medium-ish milkshakes. Feel free to double it up and share with friends!
Tip: bubble tea straws are perfect for thick milkshakes!
Toasted Marshmallow Milkshakes
- 12 marshmallows
- 3 heaping scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the marshmallows on it
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on a middle rack and turn on your broiler
- Carefully watch the marshmallows, and remove them when they are a beautiful golden brown
- In a blender, add the ice cream, milk, vanilla, and 10 marshmallows
- Blend until creamy smooth
- Pour into two tall glasses, and top each with a remaining marshmallow