While my Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins will always be a favourite with my husband, sometimes it is nice to mix things up a little bit when it comes to using up those old bananas.
This quick bread is perfect, it comes together quickly and bakes up into the perfect loaf of banana bread. This recipe is a bit denser than that for the muffins, so it is perfect for slicing and eating as dessert or taking with you for breakfast on your commute.
This recipe is from the Company's Coming Mostly Muffins cookbook, and I can't get enough!
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 medium or 2 large)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Grease a loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt
- In a second bowl, cream together the butter and sugar
- Add the eggs to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well
- Add the mashed banana, lemon juice, chocolate chips, and vanilla to the other wet ingredients and again mix well
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients
- Stir until all of the batter is just moistened, and then pour into the prepared loaf pan
- Bake for 55 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaf
- Let cool for about 10 - 15 minutes, then remove from pan and set on wire rack to cool completely