Here is a fun treat for your favourite four-legged friend, a 'pup'cake!
These are actually quite similar to a regular muffin, but without the extra sugar (which makes them tasty for us humans!). So be careful, your family might mistake them for a snack when they smell them come out of the oven :)
My dogs weren't sure if we were just teasing them at first, but as soon as Chloe got a lick in it was all over!
You can also make these as mini's if your furry best friend isn't quite as large as our beasts, or if you want to give them as gifts to your friend's pups.
This recipe is from Sprinklebakes and makes 1 dozen regular (or just over 2 dozen mini) 'pup'cakes.
Peanut Butter Honey 'Pup'cakes
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line your muffin pan with paper liners (or spray with baking spray)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda
- In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, peanut butter, honey, vegetable oil, and eggs
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix well
- Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake cups
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes (for regular sized)
- Let cool and remove paper liners before serving
- Let your pups Enjoy!