If you follow me on Facebook, you may know that my poor laptop went for a bit of a dive off of an end table last week. As a result... No more laptop.
So in order to share some of the things that have been happening in my kitchen I am giving this blogging thing a shot right from my iPhone! I am using the BlogPress app, if you know of a better one I would love to hear it! Please bear with me during this time, technologically savvy I am not.
In order to dull the pain, I decided to whip up a batch of fudgy brownies! Who says emotional eating is wrong? (Ps: my autocorrect totally tried to change that to "fishy brownies". I think I'm in trouble.)
This brownie recipe is from the awesome cookbook put out by Joy the Baker (joythebaker.com) and is pretty much perfect!
This recipe makes about 16 brownies, or 9 large brownies if you are mourning the loss of a laptop.
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1) preheat your oven to 350 F and prepare an 8" square baking dish with baking spray (or grease with butter and coat with flour)
2) in a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt
3) fill a pot with some water, and then place a heatproof bowl on top. Bring the water to a simmer and then add the butter and chocolate to the bowl. Stir to combine as it melts
4) once the butter and chocolate are smooth, remove from heat and stir in the two sugars
5) next add the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well
6) finally add the dry ingredients and fold with a spatula
7) once completely mixed, stir in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan
8) bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center
9) let cool before cutting into squares
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone