One of our favourite restaurants these days is the Continental Fine Treat Bistro. The food is warm comfort food with a classy twist and we have always had both excellent meals and awesome service at this restaurant. One of our favourite items it their Dill Pickle Soup, and I recently found out that the recipe for this soup had been in an article in our city's paper!
As soon as I realized this could be made at home, it became dinner that night. This soup is really easy to make, and tastes even better the next day so it makes an awesome soup to take to work for lunch.
The creaminess paired with the dill pickle flavour is out of this world! I know it sounds strange, but man is it good!
This recipe is enough for two generous servings.
Dill Pickle Soup
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 medium to large dill pickles, shredded
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh dill
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring the vegetable stock to a simmer and add the celery, potato, and shredded carrot
- Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, and then add the shredded dill pickle
- Mix together the flour with the water in a small bowl and then whisk it into the soup
- Bring the soup to a simmer, and season to taste with the salt and pepper
- When ready to serve, whisk in the whipping cream and garnish with the chopped parsley and dill
Disclaimer: this restaurant has no idea who I am. We just love their food!