Cookies! Warm, gooey, rich, tasty cookies! What more can you ask for right? How about the addition of some roasted salted macadamia nuts? Oh man, now that is perfection!
This cookie recipe is from Joy the Baker's new cookbook: Joy the Baker Cookbook - 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes. This book is full of so many amazing recipes; I have tried about 4 so far and have at least another dozen bookmarked to try right away! Everything is just so tempting, as soon as you see one of the pictures you convince yourself that you have been craving that dessert for weeks and have to have it right away. As in right now.
I was in a minty mood, so I swapped out the white chocolate chips for mint chocolate chips. So good! I think these would be super tasty with pistachios too.
I think the reason I don't make cookies more often is because I find them so freaking tempting. Every time you walk by them in the kitchen you just happen to grab two (or three) and before you know it a dozen are gone and they haven't even finished cooling off yet! Dangerous. Then your husband comes home and you try to convince him the recipe only makes a dozen cookies, which is so weird, and that you two should just split the rest.
Did I mention that my butt is growing as fast as my belly during this pregnancy?
Anyways, make these cookies. And then share. Or don't share, and convince everyone that the cocoa that has dropped on the floor has actually been there for a week and you didn't bake anything at all that day.
This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies. But it probably wouldn't hurt to double it. It is from Joy the Baker's Cookbook.
Mint Chocolate Brownie Cookies with Macadamia Nuts
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp instant expresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup mint chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup roasted salted macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the bittersweet chocolate and butter. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each time, until mostly melted. Continue stirring until the mixture is smooth and then set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a second bowl whisk together the melted chocolate, sugar, expresso powder, and vanilla
- Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture one at a time, mixing well
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture and fold until the batter just starts to come together
- Add the mint chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, and mix until well distributed
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto the bakings sheets (about 1 1/2" to 2" apart) and bake for 9 - 11 minutes
- Let cool for 5 - 10 minutes before removing from the baking sheets