How about something fresh and easy for your summer BBQ's? I am all about the easy (but tasty!) dishes these days, and this marinated salad totally fit the bill.
A couple weeks ago we had a Greek-themed dinner at our house (more tasty recipes to come!) and we put out this salad as part of the appetizers and to enjoy with dinner. This salad was delicious on it's own, and also great spooned on top of some fresh bread that we had put out.
We are lucky enough to live just down the street from an Italian Market, so I was able to get fresh feta (delicious!) and had a great choice of jarred roasted red peppers to choose from to use in this recipe. I think the addition of roasted or sun-dried tomatoes would also be amazing!
I found this recipe in the Summer 2012 Special Cookbook Edition of Canadian Living and it makes about 8 servings (more if just serving as an appetizer).
Marinated Feta and Roasted Peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh thyme and oregano (about 4 sprigs of each), crushed
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 10 oz/280 grams feta cheese, cubed
- In a shallow dish mix carefully together all ingredients until everything is coated with the marinade
- Cover tightly, and refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours to let the flavours meld
- Serve aside some fresh bread