A few months ago my sister sent me a picture of these breakfast cups that she had found online and let me know that we had to make them ASAP.
How could I disagree? I love breakfast and they looked super easy, win-win!
Unfortunately it took us until about 2 weeks ago to finally get our butts in gear and give this dish a try. Maybe it was the visit from Amy from Doyouknowthemuffinpan.com to inspire us to finally try this muffin-sized breakfast?
We didn't really follow any recipe, and I cannot find the original picture that inspired us, but after searching for the original picture I realized this recipe is everywhere, with very similar instructions! People know better than to mess with something that is already perfected I guess!
These were incredibly easy to make, and crazy delicious. They also kept really well and we reheated them for breakfast the next morning at work, yum! This recipe makes 8 servings, but you can make more or less very easily, just crack more or less eggs! We ate these with some toasted english muffins and it was a perfect meal.
Ham and Egg Cups
- 8 slices ham
- 8 eggs
- shredded marble cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray
- Line 8 muffin cups with the ham
- Crack an egg into each ham-lined cup
- Season with some salt and pepper, and then bake for about 15 minutes
- Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle the cheese over each cup, and then cook for an additional 5 minutes or so
- If you don't want soft egg yolks, you can cook them for about another 5
- Serve with some toast or a toasted english muffin