If there is one thing that I have a weak spot for, it is Big Macs. Not only are they too delicious for my own good, but they are the tastiest thing you can eat at 2 AM after a night out!
I found this recipe for Mini-Mac Sliders on tastykitchen.com, and printed it off immediately. If there was a way to get Big Macs in my own kitchen, I had to try it out!
First I started off with mixing together my burgers. They include really simple ingredients and I was able to make them quite quickly. One thing that I would do differently next time would be to make my burger patties much thinner. I was trying to make only 6 burgers to cut down on the number of leftovers, and they were a little thick for a Big Mac :)
Next up? The delicious secret sauce! It is mostly just a mixture of mayo, creamy french dressing, and sweet green relish. So good!
I then topped off my bun with the simple remaining ingredients, iceberg lettuce and pickles. (Yes, I know the lettuce should be shredded, but I was just in too much of a hurry to eat my burger!)
I only had marble cheese at home, but cheddar or colby jack cheese would be even better on this!
I served up my Big Macs with spicy sweet potato fries, what a great supper!
This recipe makes 6 to 8 regular burgers, or about a dozen sliders (mini burgers). Enjoy!
Homemade Big Macs
- 1 to 1.5 lbs ground beef, extra lean
- 2 green onions, both white and green parts diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- Secret Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp creamy french dressing
- 3 tbsp sweet green relish
- 1 1/2 tbsp white onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- dash of salt
- buns (6 - 8 if making regular burgers, 12 dinner rolls if making sliders)
- cheese slices
- pickles (sliced)
- iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- Place the ground beef, diced green onions, salt, pepper, olive oil, and egg in a medium mixing bowl
- Mix well with your hands, and then press the meat mixture into patties.
- You can either cook the burgers on the BBQ, in the oven, or in a pan on the stove top, whichever method you prefer best!
- Mix together the mayonnaise, french dressing, green relish, diced onion, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Taste test, then taste test again.
- Spread some of the 'secret sauce' on both the top and bottom of each bun
- Place the lettuce on the top half of the bun, and the sliced pickles on the bottom half
- When the burgers are ready, place the cooked patty on top of the pickles, then add the cheese
- Close it all up, and fall in love!
I will post my recipe for the spicy sweet potato fries later this week :)