I made these earlier this week to go with the Big Macs we had made. These are so delicious, I love how the sweetness of the sweet potato mixes with the spiciness of cayenne pepper!
These fries are also much healthier than most frozen ones that you buy at the store, and they are also great because you can control exactly what goes on them.
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into 1 cm wide slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you don't have parchment paper, then spray it well with cooking spray
- Slice the sweet potato into fries that are about 1 cm thick, and then place all of the raw fries in a bowl
- Add the olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper
- Mix thoroughly, then spread the fries out on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes, stirring occasional to ensure that the fries bake evenly