After all of these sweets and heavy winter dishes, we just wanted something light and delicious for supper one night. I threw together what I could find in my fridge, and came up with a new favourite salad!
The dressing I used is from the eatingwell.com website, and it went perfectly with this fresh salad. If you want a tasty salad to serve to guests, or for a quick and light supper, give this one a try!
Mixed Greens with Toasted Almonds, Currants, and more!
- 4 cups mixed greens (or a bag of pre-mixed greens)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 100 g sliced almonds (about 2/3 of a cup)
- 1 cup dried currants
- 1/2 to 1 cup feta, crumbled (whatever may be your personal preference!)
- Wash the greens well, and lay to dry on paper towel
- Warm a dry skillet or frying pan on medium heat, and then add the sliced almonds
- Toast the almonds for 3 - 6 minutes, until they just start to turn golden brown, then immediately remove from heat
- Slice the red pepper into thin strips, and cut up the cucumber into chunks
- Place the mixed greens in four salad bowls (or one large salad bowl)
- Top with red pepper, cucumber, toasted almonds, and currants
- Add as much (or as little) feta as you like (we really enjoy feta :) )
- Drizzle with dressing (recipe below) and Enjoy!
Light Orange Dressing