I have been having a hardcore chocolate craving all week. And when I say hardcore, I mean 'grab a handful of chocolate chips every time I pass the pantry' kind of craving!
I searched through a ton of recipes, and finally picked this one from tastykitchen.com. It looked easy, delicious, and was incredibly versatile. 'lydiajo' (the recipe author) also had a great tip for cutting the brownies: use a plastic knife! I definitely recommend this as well, the brownies cut beautifully.
I decided to throw in semi-sweet chocolate chips to up the ante, and then topped the whole pan with chopped walnuts. You can make them without either, or add whatever else you like!
These were perfect, they solved my need for chocolate (for the moment), and had the perfect brownie texture too!
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease a 9" x 13" pan
- Place the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted
- Mix in the sugar, followed by the eggs (one at a time) and the vanilla
- Add the cocoa and mix well
- Dump in the flour, salt and baking powder
- When just mixed, throw in the chocolate chips (or any other additions! skor bits, mini m&m's, anything!)
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and then pour the mixture into the prepared pan
- Spread with a spatula, and then top with walnuts (if using)
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out with some crumbs on it when inserted)
- Let cool before cutting, and Enjoy!