Now this is an exciting day! When I decided to give blogging a shot and let people into my kitchen, I never dreamed that I would reach such an important milestone, or that it would come up so fast!
Thank you so much to everyone who has taken the time to stop by for a visit. And thank you so much for all of the amazing blogs out there that continue to inspire me every day, maybe even too much! (Seriously, you should see the pile of recipes I want to try that is quickly taking over my living room floor right now).
This blog has given me the drive to try things that I would never have considered previously. And while I believe that I have come a long way in my baking and cooking, I am also very aware that I have much much more to learn, and that is the most exciting part! For example, today I learned to always keep an eye on the water level in your pot when steaming vegetables, I definitely just boiled a pot dry. Yup, my house stinks and I have no idea if i can save the poor pot. Oh dear.
Here is a recap of some favourite recipes since I started blogging this summer. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!
My favourite recipes so far, and in no particular order: (This list was so difficult to narrow down; I tried really hard to keep it from listing the majority of the recipes!)
- Gingersnap Cookies
- These are by far my absolute favourite holiday cookie!
- Chocolate cupcakes (with peppermint icing)
- These are an absolutely wonderful chocolate cupcake, and I love how beautiful they turned out
- Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti
- This was my first ever attempt at making biscotti, and now I am hooked!
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- These were a completely new concept for me, and they are amazing. I can't get enough of fresh basil mayo now
- Vanilla Cupcakes w/ Chocolate Frosting
- This vanilla cupcake is the best vanilla cupcake recipe I have found yet! The cupcakes are incredibly moist and delicious
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Even though these didn't come out exactly as planned, they tasted wonderful and I am definitely going to make them over and over
- Flowers and Vanilla Buttercream Icing
- I learned so much in my cake decorating class, and I have a lot of fun with flowers on my cupcakes now
- Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits
- I still try to make these as often as possible with supper!
- Greek Salad with Chicken
- I love this salad. It completes me
- Strawberry Shortcake Cake
- This is an amazing cake, and it was my first attempt at a layer cake!
- Honey Oat Bread
- My first ever attempt at bread, and it was a success! Tasty too
- Peanut Butter Smartie Cookies
- So good, make these now
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- The perfect cupcake for summer
- Spicy Potato Pizza
- Such an amazing pizza!
- Pig Cupcakes
- I am still so proud of how these turned out
My fiance, John, was sweet enough to list out his favourites so far too!
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Steamed Pork Buns
- Mini Jumbo Pretzels
- Devil's Food Cupcakes
- Raspberry Preserves
- Cinnamon Buns
- Bacon Cheddar Perogies
- BBQ Nachos
Thank you again for all of your support :) I have been having an absolute blast! I still have so many more recipes to post, and to try. I can't wait!