The other night I made some roasted chicken and veggies, and wanted something just as warm and tasty to serve with it. I saw this recipe on tastykitchen.com, and decided to give some homemade biscuits a try!
These came out awesome! The recipe stated to cut the dough into 8 biscuits, but this recipe can easily make 16. When cut into 8 pieces, the biscuits were a meal by themselves!
The addition of the jalapeno's added a nice flavor to these, but they would be just as tasty without them too.
The original post can be found here.
Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (cold) (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cups buttermilk (cold)
- 1 egg (cold)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (medium or strong/old)
- 1 diced jalapeno (remove seeds if you don't like spicy food)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt
- Grate the cold butter into the flour, and mix until the butter pieces are evenly distributed in the flour
- Mix together the buttermilk and egg in a small bowl, and then add to the flour mixture
- Mix together until just combined
- Place the cheese and jalapeno in a bowl with some flour, and then mix well
- Add the cheese and jalapeno to the batter, and then mix until everything is just distributed evenly
- Knead lightly, then cut into 8 or 16 pieces
- Place on the prepared baking sheet, then bake for 18 - 22 minutes, or until nice and golden brown on top