I was reading through thepioneerwoman.com the other day (I love that site!), and I came across this recipe in the cooking section. As soon as I saw these sticky, gooey, bites of heaven, I printed off the recipe and went straight to work.
These are absolutely divine! If you are having a chocolate craving, this is the best thing you could possibly eat. Not only are they amazing brownies, but they contain two different kinds of chocolate chips, and then they are topped with even more chocolate! How can you go wrong?
This recipe makes about 4 dozen brownie bites (made in mini muffin tins), which might seem like a lot, but they disappear at an amazing rate! You will come to appreciate how many the recipe makes very quickly.
I will warn you, the batter tastes absolutely wonderful, so try not to eat it all before getting it into the muffin pans :)
Sticky Brownie Bites
- 4 x 1 oz squares of unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In order to melt and cool the unsweetened chocolate, place the squares in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval. Once the chocolate has completely melted and is smooth, set aside for about 15 to 20 minutes so that it can cool sufficiently.
- Preheat your oven to 325 F, then grease and flour your mini muffin pans
- Beat the margarine and sugar until it is light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until each egg is well mixed into the butter and sugar
- Add the cooled chocolate, and mix until just combined
- Add the flour and vanilla, and again mix until just combined
- Add both types of chocolate chips, and stir by hand until well distributed throughout the batter
- Fill each muffin cup with brownie batter, just filling each one so that the brownies don't overflow each cup
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, then remove and let cool completely before adding the chocolate icing/glaze
- When cool, you can either drizzle the brownie bites with the chocolate glaze, or dunk them in the chocolate so that they are completely covered.
- 8 x 1 oz semi-sweet chocolate squares
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Chop up the semi-sweet chocolate squares, and place in a heat-proof bowl
- In another bowl, add the cream and corn syrup
- Microwave the cream and corn syrup, mixing occasionally, until it is very warm
- Add the vanilla to the cream, and mix well
- Pour the very warm cream mixture over the chopped chocolate, and stir until all chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth
- Serve over the brownie bites, or dunk them right in! This would be a perfect glaze to drizzle over iced cupcakes