After a week of sweets, how about we have something that is light and tasty?
These avocado fries are amazing!! They are coated in panko bread crumbs and baked in the oven (instead of fried), then served with a lightened up dipping sauce that is incredibly addicting. These are fantastic as a side dish, after work snack (or school!), or even as an appetizer.
These came together so fast and I have added them to our list of recipes to make again soon. Very soon.
The avocado fries recipe is from bethcooks.com and the dipping sauce recipe is originally from Bell'alimento and was posted on the bettycrocker.com site.
Please make these soon :) This makes 2 - 3 servings as a side dish.
Baked Avocado Fries
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 /4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 medium avocados (firm-ripe)
- parmesan (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Pit and peel the avocados, and then cut them into wedges
- Place the flour and salt in one small bowl, the egg whites in a second bowl, and the panko bread crumbs in a third bowl
- Dredge the avocado slices in flour, then dunk them in the egg whites
- Dip the slices in the panko to completely coat, and then place them on the prepared baking sheet
- Lightly spray with olive oil (optional), and then bake for about 20 minutes until they are nice and crispy
- Sprinkle with some parmesan and serve with wasabi-lime dip
Wasabi-Lime Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup light mayo or sour cream
- 1/2 tsp wasabi powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice