The other day I was baking up a storm, and realized I had missed lunch completely! My house was over-run with sugar, so I was on the hunt for something on the savoury side.
I remembered this recipe (Baked Crab Ragoon) was sitting on my 'to-try' list after I had see it on mybakingaddiction.com. My won ton wrappers were in the freezer, and I wanted something delicious asap, so I decided to bake up a dip instead!
This was not only ridiculously easy to make, but it was delicious! Such a perfect appetizer, snack, or in my case lunch! I cut up some corn tortillas and baked them to have something to dip with, and the worked perfectly.
I'm definitely making this again, and soon!
Since I was home alone when I made this, I had quite a bit leftover. This made an excellent toasted sandwich the next day with some lettuce, yum!
Baked Crab Dip
- 1 can crab meat (about 6 oz)
- 125 g cream cheese (1/2 a package) (I used light and it worked great)
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp chopped green onion
- smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Drain the crab meat and roughly chop it up
- Place the crab meat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, chopped green onions, and some pepper in a bowl and mix well
- Place the dip in an oven-safe dish, and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika before serving
- Serve with crackers or chips to dip!