This meal is two of my favourite things all mixed up together! Breakfast for supper? Amazing! Mexican food? Love it! I can't wait to also serve this for breakfast very soon.
I found this recipe over on skinnytaste.com and it was so quick to make. I am ridiculously excited to have it again for supper tomorrow with the leftovers!
This recipe makes four servings, and is delicious served with some fresh avocado.
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp green chiles, diced
- cooking spray
- cumin, salt, and pepper (pinch of each)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lettuce or mixed greens
- shredded cheese
- four 6" corn tortillas
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and then add the red onion and green pepper
- Cook the onion and pepper for a couple minutes, and then add the tomato, green pepper, jalapeno, and green chilies
- Cook all of the vegetables together for about 3 minutes, seasoning to taste with the cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan, and place them in a covered bowl (to keep them warm)
- Lightly spray the pan with the cooking spray, and then place a tortilla in the pan. Give the tortilla a quick spray and then cook on both sides until bubbly and it starts to become crispy. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and set aside
- After all of the tortillas are cooked, use the same pan and cook the eggs until sunny-side up, or until they are cooked how you like them best :)
- Place each tortilla on a place, and then top each one with one egg and then with the tomato mixture, lettuce, and cheese