You know how everyone has a recipe or two up their sleeve that seems to be requested more than any other? Lately this has been that dessert.
This bundt cake is so delicious! It is moist, absolutely full of lemon flavour (and we know how much I love lemony desserts!), and is easy to whip up too!
Plus, aren't bundt cakes just so pretty in their simplicity?
I first made this a while ago after finding it on allrecipes.com. I definitely recommend sticking with the suggested glaze, it adds an amazing level of moisture to the cake!
Lemony Glazed Bundt Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- Zest of two lemons
- Juice of one lemon
- Lemon Glaze
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray your bundt pan with baking spray (or grease and flour the pan)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add the eggs (one at a time) and mix well
- Add the extracts and mix well
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just incorporated
- Mix in the milk, lemon juice and lemon zest
- Add the remaining flour mixture and mix well
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 60 - 70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, and then invert onto a cooling rack and let cool for another 10 minutes
- Mix together the glaze, and poke the cake all over with a toothpick
- Slowly drizzle the glaze all over the cake
Yum, I can still smell the lemon!