Last week we had a couple of wonderfully warm days that put us back into BBQ/summer cooking mode for a little while. I was looking for something fresh and tasty to serve with our BBQ's steaks, and came across this recipe on skinnytaste.com.
This salad was wonderfully easy to make, and was so fresh and delicious. If you want to bring a bit of summer back into your home, try this out soon!
The recipe originally calls for cilantro to be added, but personally I cannot stand the stuff. If you enjoy cilantro, feel free to chop some up and throw it in!
Avocado, Cucumber, and Black Bean Salad
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced, pitted, and diced
- 2 small or medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, cut into large pieces
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed very well
- 1/4 red onion, diced into small pieces
- 2 limes, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste