The leaves are falling off the trees, the mornings are a bit chilly, and our evenings are much too short. Fall has definitely hit us full force!
These cupcakes are perfect for this weather, they have a wonderful Fall flavor, and are perfect for breakfast or dessert.
I bought a few cans of pureed pumpkin the other day, so I am trying out some new recipes with it. These turned out amazing; I love the texture of these cupcakes. I am about to try a new pumpkin muffin recipe, and then a different pumpkin cupcake recipe, so I will let you know how those turn out!
This recipe is from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, and they are so delicious! Next time I make these, I will definitely be doubling the recipe, 12 cupcakes was not enough! While the recipe is vegan, my cupcakes were not. I used a mixture of milk chocolate chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips, so good!
These are originally topped with a sweet cinnamon icing. This icing is fantastic as it does not overpower the cupcakes at all. Next time I make these, I am going to try them with a cream cheese icing, or cinnamon cream cheese icing!
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Chocolate Chips
- 2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 F, and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, vegetable oil, sugar, soy milk, and vanilla
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet with a fork, and mix well
- Add the chocolate chips, and stir until well distributed
- Fill your cupcake cups, and bake for 20 - 24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a cupcake
- 3/4 cup icing sugar (or more if you want a thicker glaze)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp melted butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp soy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla