I had a serious craving for cheesecake the other day, so I checked out the cookingwithphilly.ca website for some ideas. I absolutely love citrus desserts, so this recipe quickly made it to the top of my 'recipes to try' list! I modified it a little bit, and it turned out unbelievably delicious.
I was surprised at how easy it actually was to make a cheesecake, it had always seemed like such a daunting task.
While mine did have a crack along the edge, I think it turned out pretty amazing! I love how you can see the different citrus zest's in the cheesecake.
One thing that I did (which was recommended on the cookingwithphilly.ca site) is to put a 13" x 9" pan half full of hot water below the sprinform pan. I think this helped keep a moist environment in the oven and reduced my chance of having major cracks develop on the surface of my cheesecake.
Triple Citrus Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups oreo crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 packages of cream cheese (250 grams each)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Juice of 1 lemons, 1 limes, and 1 oranges
- Zest of 2 lemons, 2 limes, and 2 oranges
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Mix together the oreo crumbs and the melted butter
- Press the oreo crumb mixture onto the bottom of a pan, using your hands or a glass to press it down
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add the eggs to the cream cheese mixture, one at a time
- Add the citrus juices and zest's, and mix them in carefully (you do not want to introduce too much air into the batter)
- Pour into the pan, and smooth to create a flat surface
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes (the cheesecake will be done when a small circle in the middle of the cake still looks soft)
- As soon as the cake is removed from the oven, run a butter knife along the edge to separate it from the pan
- Let cool for 45 - 60 minutes before removing the rim of the pan
- Place in your refrigerator for 4 hours (minimum) to fully cool and set
- Garnish with whatever you like! Berries, chocolate, fruit slices, anything!