While I am excited to post the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing, I figured that some people might need a bit of a break from this pumpkin madness.
I absolutely love hummus. It is so easy to whip up, perfect for a snack or to bring as an appetizer, and it is incredibly versatile when it comes to what flavours you can add to it. I have made the Chipotle Hummus a few times now so I wanted to try some other variations. Sun-dried tomatoes are a wonderful way to add some variety to your hummus!
I based this recipe off of this one that I found at allrecipes.com. That site has not disappointed me yet!
Sun-dried Tomato Hummus
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas) drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes (210 mL jar, drained)
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 - 3 tbsp olive oil
- In your food processor add the garlic, chickpeas, tahini, and lemon juice
- Pulse the mixture until it is fairly smooth
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and the dried basil and pulse until the tomatoes are coarsely chopped
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Add olive oil until your desired consistency is reached (I usually add about 1 - 2 tbsps)
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve