Today is a very exciting day! Around lunch-time I board the first of 3 planes that will take me to sunny San Diego for the BlogHer '11 conference! This is my very first blogging conference and I cannot even describe how excited I am.
Follow me on Twitter! @naked_cup_cakes
I am bunking with the awesome Amy of Do You Know the Muffin Pan? who was kind enough to offer to let me stay at her place. :) How lucky is she to live in San Diego? We are going to tear BlogHer '11 up!
I can't decide what I am the most excited about: meeting in person the wonderful people that I have met online, the huge array of sessions, the parties at night, the expo, etc etc. I think this whole weekend will be an amazing experience.
I cannot wait to share my experiences with you, hopefully as the weekend progresses. If I don't find that I have a lot of time to jump on the computer, please feel free to follow me on Instagram where I will be posting photos (you can find me: @nakedcupcakes or Hailey Elliot). I have no idea if I will have any free time over the course of the conference :)
I think some people might be blogging during the sessions, but I am more of a pen and paper kind of girl, so I might not be lugging around the ol' laptop.
Here is my favourite hummus recipe that I have been chowing down on this week! It comes together super fast, and is a great healthy snack (or supper while you are packing!).
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- scant 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Place all of the ingredients (except the reserved liquid from the chickpeas) in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- Add the reserved liquid until the desired consistency is reached
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, vegetables, etc.
I was fortunate enough to receive this Blog on Fire Award from Kelly at Eat Yourself Skinny! I feel so lucky to be counted amongst the other amazing blogs that she passed this award onto. Now it is up to me to pass it along to 10 amazing blogs that have made an impression on me.
1) Amy - Do You Know the Muffin Pan?
2) Rachel - The Avid Appetite
3) Sukaina - Sips and Spoonfuls
4) Erica Lea - Cooking for Seven
5) Kay - The Church Cook
6) Gina - Skinnytaste
7) Jamie - My Baking Addiction
8) Lindsey - Hot Polka Dot
9) Katrina - In Katrina's Kitchen
10) Darla - Bakingdom
For those of you listed above, now it's your turn! Pass this Blog on Fire Award to the 10 blogs that have influenced you!