Now that we are in the double digits (yay!) it is time to enjoy some bright summery food!
We have been firing up the BBQ as much as we can, and last week we made this delicious Lemon Grass Beef Salad. I love the flavour of Lemon Grass, it is so bright and tasty.
This recipe is from Company's Coming Good Friends, Great Grilling. We have made two recipes so far from this cookbook, and both have been awesome! I can't wait to try more this week.
The leftovers were also great, I was definitely looking forward to lunch the next day. This makes about 4 large servings.
Lemon Grass Beef Salad
- 2 lemon grass stalks (bulb only), chopped finely
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 tsp chili paste (I used Sambal Oelek)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice noodles (I used vermicelli)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, sliced diagonally
- 1 orange pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lb beef strip loin steak
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon grass, brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime zest, chili paste, and pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked rice noodles, sliced sugar snap peas, orange pepper, and fresh mint
- Take 1/2 cup of the lemon grass mixture and toss with the noodle mixture
- Season the steak with salt and pepper, and cook on the BBQ until the it reaches the desired doneness
- Remove steak from the BBQ, cover with foil, and let it sit for about 10 minutes
- Slice the steak into thin slices (across the grain) and then mix the beef slices with the remaining lemon grass mixture
- Serve the steak slices on top of individual portions of the noodle mixture