Another classic cookie for the Christmas season is the delicious Shortbread Cookie! These are super easy to make; they actually only have 4 ingredients.
I love these cookies! You can either make them as I have by rolling them into a ball and then pressing them down with a fork, or you can roll out the dough and cut fun shapes with cookie cutters.
This recipe has been around as long as I can remember, it makes the perfect Shortbread Cookies. I doubled this recipe and made about 4 1/2 dozen cookies, so this original recipe will make about 2 dozen cookies.
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a couple cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Whisk or sift together the corn starch, icing sugar, and flour
- Blend in the butter until a soft, smooth dough forms
- Roll into balls about 1" to 1 1/3" in diameter and place on prepared cookie sheets, a couple of inches apart
- Dip a fork into some flour, and gently press down on the balls of cookie dough
- Decorate with sprinkles if you like, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown