This past weekend was a busy one! In addition to the cupcake pick-up and making a ton of cookies for our silent auction/bake sale fundraiser at work, I also had an order for 3 dozen mini lemon cupcakes for a baby shower.
This recipe for lemon cupcakes is by far my favourite lemon cupcake recipe! It is so moist and flavourful, I would eat them for every meal if I could get away with it. Also, these cupcakes are amazing naked, they just have so much flavour and such an amazing texture all on their own!
The colour theme for the baby shower was pink and yellow, so I baked half in yellow cupcake liners, and half in pink. I then tinted some vanilla buttercream yellow and pink, and finished off the mini's.
They were kind enough to send me some pictures of the cupcakes on the treat table, how nice are they? And what an amazing dessert table!
This recipe is from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes, and is delicious! This recipe makes about 20 regular cupcakes.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (approx. 2 lemons)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 sticks butter or margarine (3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp or 14 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 stick cream cheese (4 ounces or 125 g)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line your muffin tins with cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt
- In a second bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add the cream cheese to the butter mixture and mix well
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture one at a time until very well mixed
- Pour in the lemon juice and the vanilla to the butter mixture and mix
- Add the flour mixture a bit at a time, until all flour has been added
- Fill the cupcake cups, and bake for 25 - 28 minutes for regular cupcakes, or 10 - 14 minutes for mini cupcakes
- The cupcakes are done when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a cupcake
- Top with your favourite frosting
Note: These cupcakes also freeze really well if you freeze them without any frosting on them.