These are great to help balance out all of the sugar we have been eating this Valentine's season! These make a wonderful appetizer or snack on a movie night.
I found this recipe on thepioneerwoman.com; once again she has produced something amazing!
These only require 3 simple ingredients, and come together very quickly. We served them at our New Year's party, and they were gone in no time at all.
Bacon Jalapeno Bites
- 10 whole jalapenos
- 1 pack of bacon, cut in half (you will only use about half a pack)
- 1 block of cream cheese, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds and membrane with a spoon (If you want some spice, leave some of the seeds and membrane behind)
- Fill each jalapeno with the cream cheese
- Wrap a half-slice of bacon around each jalapeno, and secure the bacon slices with a toothpick
- Place the cookie sheet on the bottom rack
- Place the jalapenos (cream cheese side up) on the upper rack above the cookie sheet (the cookie sheet will catch any bacon grease)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked