Here is a quick and easy treat to give to someone special this Valentine's day :) I originally found these over on bakerella.com, but I think they originally came from the Kraft website. These can actually be found all over the internet; they are so fun and easy to make!
All you need is a package of Oreos, a package of cream cheese, white chocolate candy melts (or white chocolate chips), and sprinkles! I decorated mine with sprinkles, cinnamon hearts, and red candy melts.
If you don't have a food processor, you can throw the Oreos into a freezer bag and beat them with a rolling pin until they are fine crumbs.
If you need a quick and cute treat, make these soon!
- 1 package of Oreos
- 1 block cream cheese, room temperature (250 g)
- 1/2 to 1 cup white chocolate candy melts (or white chocolate bark or chips)
- sprinkles or decorations of your choice!
- Throw about 3/4 of the Oreos (the whole cookie!) into a food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs (or beat place them in a freezer bag and crush the life out of them)
- Mix together the crushed Oreos and the cream cheese
- Roll the mixture into small balls (about 1" in diameter) and place them on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper
- When all of the mixture is rolled, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes
- While the truffles are cooling, melt the white chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each time to ensure it melts evenly
- If the melted chocolate seems too thick to dip the truffles, you can mix some shortening into it to thin it out, about 1 tsp at a time
- Remove the set truffles from the freezer and roll them one at a time in the white chocolate
- Shake off the excess chocolate, and set the truffle back onto the parchment paper
- Sprinkle or decorate as desired before the chocolate coating dries
- Repeat until all truffles are done and let set before packing them up